I prepared my dragonfly to export to OBJ for Mudbox but when I imported it into Mudbox I was getting a warning message about my geometry containing T-shapes. It took me ages to work out the section it was in and then locating where it was! I went back to wire frame mode in maya and enabled face centre’s. After some very careful observation of the geometry I discovered the T-shape geometry on the inside of the model and removed the problem.

Another thing I spotted was the size of the model when it was imported to mudbox. It was very small which would be a problem when it comes to brush sizes, so it was just a case of enlarging it quite considerably in maya and re exporting it.

Advertisements