The twig really didnt take long and I didnt want to spend long on it as I wanted the focus to be on the insect and pretty much nothing else. This is also the reason I wanted a really high depth of field backgroud. All it is a simple cylinder with a few tweeked verts and i let the texturing do the rest. Doing a simple quick model ment the UV map would be quick and easy to texture. What really sets it off is the bump map I put on.


I spent more time getting the bump map just right. The bump map on the image above is a bit high, but with a bit more tweaking I got it down to a nice convincing level. I think it will do the job nicely.

Screen shot 2012-11-30 at 17.38.58